Buy Windows Server 2019 Essentials and benefit from bespoke solutions
Companies that buy Windows Server 2019 Essentials acquire the latest version of Microsoft's successful server solution that has provided excellent services in business for quite some years. The current Essentials version, just like the predecessor edition Windows Server 2016 Essentials, is tailored to the needs of small businesses and organisations. Windows Server 2019 Essentials is ideal for companies that do not have a virtual workspace and is a first-of-its-kind solution. Alternatively, it can be used as a primary server in multi-server work environments.
More security and more cloud in Windows Server 2019 Essentials
One of the main new features is the closer integration with Microsoft Azure through Windows Server 2019 and Project Honolulu for the creation of hybrid cloud environments. In addition to the central control via Project Honolulu, the current version enables backup via Azure File Sync and Azure Backup.
In addition, Microsoft has also expanded the security options of the 2016 edition in Windows Server 2019. There is also improved support for Linux, including the integration of Linux commands such as "tar" and "curl" in the command line. In addition, Linux VMs are now protected in Windows Server 2019 via shielded VMs.
The security package is rounded off by the ability to encrypt network traffic in virtual environments and the integration of Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP). This, in turn, provides protection against attacks whose definition file has not yet been recognised in contemporary virus scanners, such as "zero-day attacks".
Other benefits for companies which purchase Windows Server 2019 Essentials
- With the support of "Kubernetes", in Microsoft Windows Server 2019, Windows Server containers can also be connected to Kubernetes.
- Ability to run traditional applications and functions such as file and print sharing.
- Compared to Windows Server 2016, the core image has been significantly reduced from a good 5 GB to around 1.7 GB. The result is a lower network footprint, with faster delivery.
- Connection of Windows Server 2019 to the current version of "System Center" in addition to central administration via RSAT and Project Honolulu.
- Opportunity to build Hyper-Converged Infrastructures (HCI) using Microsoft Azure and System Center, allowing companies to merge local data centres and Microsoft Azure.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Essentials supports the latest hardware and integrates the same features and enhancements as Windows Server 2019 Standard, including system information and storage migration services.
Ideal Licensing Concept for Small Businesses
With Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Essentials, small businesses buy a powerful software product that not only has no run-time limitations, but also impresses with its simple licensing concept. Unlike the Standard and DataCenter versions, the Essentials Edition licensing is not core-based but server-based. This eliminates the need for client access licenses (CALs), for which each instance of the software requires a license, whether virtual or physical. Windows Server 2019 Essentials can serve up to a maximum of 25 users or 50 devices, making it an affordable solution for small organizations.
|Processor||Processor with at least 1.4 GHz, (single-core), at least 1.3 GHz (multi-core) - 3.1 GHz or more recommended (single and multi-core), maximum support of 2 CPU sockets|
|Random-access memory||At least 2GB of RAM (or 4GB if Windows Server Essentials is deployed as a VM), 16GB of RAM recommended, maximum support of 64GB|
|Hard disk||At least 160 GB of hard disk space with a system partition with a minimum capacity of 60 GB|
|Optical drive||DVD drive (for installing DVD)|
This Product was added to our catalogue on 16/03/2021.